We're excited to announce RetailOps version 2.5.3, available now! (Don't worry, you didn't miss versions 2.5, 2.5.1, or 2.5.2, we decided to skip straight to the good stuff!) To upgrade your account to 2.5.3, navigate to Administration > System Config > Application Version. Select [Test Version] to preview this version in your browser only, and [Upgrade Account] to upgrade your account for all users.
Exciting Highlights From This Release:
- PO Tool Overhaul — The PO tool now offers a new "SKU mode" which allows you to build purchase orders based on SKU instead of MPN. SKU mode provides the additional benefit of automatically linking your PO line items to products in your RetailOps catalog, and automatically creating new external SKUs. Reporting just got way easier!
- Customer Service Emails — You can now email customers directly from the Customer Service tool! Select from 4 templates to send order or tracking information to customers without leaving their order.
- Order Return Labels — Make it easier for your customers to return their order! You can send your customers their return shipping label directly during RMA creation in the Customer Service tool.
- Address Verification – We now support PostCode Anywhere for domestic and international address verification in the Customer Service tool.
- Gift messages - Gift messages imported from your channels will now display in the Customer Service order screen! Select the "Gift Message" tab in your selected order to view and edit.
- Historical report formulas - The reporting tool now offers a "History" function which allows you to see the history of a report formula, as well as the download history of a report. To view this in the reporting tool, select the [History] button in the upper right corner of any report.
- New integrations - We've introduced new Shipping Carrier integrations including UPS, DHL, and EasyPost to provide the best experience for your customers.
- Shipping Rules - Carrier class mappings and rules received a big update with 7 new options including Saturday Delivery, wildcard shipping rules, and rules which consider product attributes.
- New PO modes - The PO tool now has two modes: Spreadsheet mode allows you to work in the familiar MPN-based workflow, while SKU mode allows you to build purchase orders based on SKU. SKU mode offers the additional benefit of automatically linking your PO line items to products in your RetailOps catalog. More info
- Configurable PO Types - Using the new PO Types tool, you can manage System PO types, and create a few of your own! More info
Customer Service tool
- Store Credit Balance - Your Customer records will now clearly display the customer's active store credit balance and history in the customer's "Store Credit" tab.
- Gift Messages - Gift messages are now able to be edited in the Customer Service tool when imported from supported channels in addition to printing on your packing slips. More info
- Correct Channel Incomplete Orders - Channel incomplete orders can now be overridden and pushed into a "Ready" status by selecting [Push order] and following the prompts. Once you've pushed the order into Channel Incomplete, apply payment manually.
- Customer Service Emails - Email customers directly from the Customer Service tool! Select [Email] in the Customer Service tool, and you can select from 4 templates for quick and easy communication with your customers. More info
- Email Return Shipping Labels - You can send your customers their return shipping label directly via email during RMA creation in the Customer Service tool. More info
Print labels tool
- Bulk mode in print labels tool - Reprinting lot labels just got way easier. Using the Print labels tool, you can now search by container, SKU, lot (and many more!) to reprint labels in bulk. More info
Point of Sale
- Discounts - The Point of Sale tool now allows order level discounts in addition to line level discounts. Add the order level discount in the lower right hand side of the POS tool.
- Order Parking - Orders may be parked on one terminal, and un-parked on another terminal. This allows your retail employees to easily pass an order from one terminal to another.
- Point of Sale Search - The Point of Sale tool "Search for a product" search now defaults to only show products which are in stock by default. Retired items have also been excluded from this search.
- Dashboard Widgets - The Dashboard widget for "POS Orders Today" can now be displayed by Facility. This gives greater visibility to our customers with multiple brick and mortar stores.
- Historical Report Formulas - The reporting tool now offers a "History" function which allows you to see the history of a report formula, as well as the download history of a report. To view this in the reporting tool, select the [History] button in the upper right corner of any report. More info
- User Privilege History - The reporting tool now offers a "User Privilege History" datasource which details the all users permission history, and who granted them access. More info
- RetailOps Access control system - We now offer enhanced password control. You can select the number of days credentials are valid, number of failed attempts before lockout, password validation patterns, and number of credentials which cannot be reused. More info
- Multiple Shopify Channel Support – RetailOps now supports multiple Shopify channels in a single RetailOps account!
- Address verification – We now support PostCode anywhere for domestic and international address verification in the Customer Service tool. More info
- Navigation Enhancements — Quickly close all your tabs at once! Next to your username, you'll find an "X" to close all open RetailOps tabs at once.
- Hide completed inventory counts - The inventory count tool now offers a “Hide Complete” toggle to hide inventory counts which have been completed. This is useful when you'd like to narrow down your view to only counts which are open.
Issues fixed in this release:
- Customer Service email “Shipping” cost now displays correctly
- Corrected sender address failing to print state intermittently on packing slips
- Corrected display of “tags” window in Customer Service tool
- Virtual SKUs may now go to a fulfilled status when added after channel order import
- Corrected recall of incomplete POS orders
- Retired SKUs no longer show in POS "Search for a product" search
- Corrected behavior of vendor setting "DS Allow Edit After Submit"
- General navigation/UI fixes
- JIT PO Padding - This version does not presently allow users to pad JIT POs with additional products to be ordered from the vendor. Users can work around this by creating a customer service order for the same vendor, which will be added to the JIT PO automatically. We are evaluating this workflow for an update in upcoming version.
- PO Types - If a user deactivates a PO type, POs with this PO type will fail to load. Reactivate the PO type to view the PO.
- SKU Mode POs - Some fields in a SKU mode PO may be reset if entered before entering the line items, and will need to be re-entered prior to submitting the PO. These fields include "Ship to", "Start Date", "Cancel Date", and "Vendor Notes".
- System config tool error - When opening the System Config Menu, users may receive two errors stating "No such action Config.Facility.get". This error is only visual, simply close the alerts to use the tool.
Please sign in to leave a comment.