There are several ways to create new products and SKUS in RetailOps:
- Manually using Product Search
- Add SKUs to an existing product
- Data Import tool to create new products and SKUs
Create new products manually from Product Search
1. Open the Product Search tool from the main navigation menu.
2. In the upper right corner, select [Manually Create Product]
3. Select the brand and enter the Manufacturers Part Number (MPN) for this item. (If you do not have the MPN, you will need to enter a value anyways, and update it at a later date.)
The above steps have created a new empty product with one SKU. You can begin filling out the attributes, adding images, prices- and additional SKUs.
Add SKUs to an existing Product Family
To add SKUs to a product family, select the green plus in the bottom toolbar.
To remove SKUs (only those which have never had inventory) retire them by selecting the red minus symbol from the bottom toolbar.
Create new Products and SKUs using the Data Import Tool
The RetailOps Data Import tool allows you to quickly and efficiently upload large batches of data to create new products/SKUs, update existing catalog data, and much much more. Our dedicated article on this topic includes a handy product upload template: Update Data in Bulk Files
1. Create a CVS file which contains one row per SKU.
2. In the navigation menu, go to Administration > Data Import.
3. Drag and drop the desired upload file from your computer into RetailOps.
4. After the upload is complete, click on the file.
5. Select the appropriate upload profile from the dropdown menu, and select "Apply Changes".
More on Data Import Profiles
Profiles are used to streamline recurring tasks. For each profile, RetailOps saves the Import Type and Column Match Mode settings. RetailOps also saves the attributes you assign to each header. When you perform the task a second time--provided the headers of your second upload file matches those of the first- RetailOps will recognize the header and select the correct attribute based on your first selections.
To create a new profile:
- In Select profile, select new profile.
- Enter a Profile name. We recommend using a name that identifies the recurring task you will perform with this profile.
- Select the correct Import type.
- For Column match mode, if your upload file contains headers, select headers. If not, select offsets. We recommend using headers whenever possible.
- If, for Import type, you selected PO Manifest, Product Import/Update, Map Table, or Dropship Tracking, additional settings will populate on the right. Adjust these as needed.
Assign Header Attributes
Header attributes ensure the uploaded data is sent into the correct data fields in RetailOps.
1. Click on the header bar for any column marked unassigned.
2. Under Use this column for, select the correct attribute. As you scroll through selections, a short description of the attribute will appear at the bottom.
3. Repeat these two steps above for every unassigned column.