The RetailOps Point of Sale tool allows you to accept cash from your customers for a quick and seamless transaction. Prior to using your cash trays, you will need to have your 80mm receipt printers configured and ready to print. Supported Peripheral Hardware
Create New Cash Trays
- Navigate to the left hand Navigation menu > Admin > Cash Trays
- Select [Add Cash Tray].
- Enter a name for the cash tray. (Maximum of 12 characters)
- We recommend naming your cash trays in such a way that your users will know which facility the cash tray belongs to. Example: BroadwaySt 1
- Select [Print Labels] to print a barcode for the cash tray. This barcode can be scanned when opening a new cash tray session.
Note: Cash trays are associated to a facility based on the receipt printer selected during a cash tray session.
Example: If you select printer: "San Diego Facility Receipt Printer", and cash tray "SD-1", your transactions will show in the "San Diego" facility. If you select printer: "Arizona Facility Receipt Printer" and cash tray "SD-1", your transactions will show in the "Arizona" facility.
Cash Tray Status
Cash trays may be deactivated and reactivated to keep your system tidy. To deactivate a cash tray, click the green checkmark next to the tray name. To reactivate a cash tray, select [Show Inactive] and toggle the red X to a green checkmark.
Point of Sale Cash Tray Options
In your account System Config Account Settings, you'll have 3 cash tray specific options:
- POS requires cash tray session: A cash tray session must be open to use the POS tool
- POS requires tray to be counted in when opening a cash tray session: User is required to count in the cash tray in order to open a cash tray session
- POS requires tray to be counted out when closing a cash tray session: User is required to count out the cash tray in order to close a cash tray session
Known issue: Users can presently open one cash tray in multiple facilities at the same time. Scanning cash tray barcodess instead of using the manual tray selection can help prevent this.