What better surprise than to receive an unexpected gift in the mail from a loved one? Beginning in RetailOps 2.5, Gift Messages imported from supported channels can now be viewed and edited in the Customer Service tool.
The following channels support gift message import:
- Shopify - Gift messages automatically imported from "note" order field unless the value starts with "note:", whereby the value is added to the order as an order note instead.
- Spree - Gift messages are automatically imported from "gift_message" order field
- Yahoo/Aabaco - Gift messages are automatically imported from "GiftMessage" order field or gift-message custom field.
- Magento - Gift messages are automatically imported from order_info -> gift_message order field.
- RetailOps SDK - Contact RetailOps Support for additional details.
- Manual Entry - Gift messages can be manually entered on any order in the Customer Service tool.
View and Edit gift messages
- In the Navigation menu, go to Customer Service > Search.
- Open your desired order.
- In the bottom left panel, you'll find a tab for Gift Message.
- To edit the message, simply click into the text field, and select Save when done.
If a gift message was imported from the channel, you'll find it here. Gift messages also print on Dropship Purchase orders, and Packing Slips generated in the Shipment Wave tool.