Please note: This article has been published in advance of the official release of RetailOps 2.5. Stay tuned for the official release announcement, coming soon!
What better surprise than to receive an unexpected gift in the mail from a loved one? Beginning in RetailOps 2.5, Gift Messages imported from supported channels can now be viewed and edited in the Customer Service tool.
The following channels support gift message import:
- Shopify - Gift messages automatically imported from "note" order field unless the value starts with "note:", whereby the value is added to the order as an order note instead.
- Spree - Gift messages are automatically imported from "gift_message" order field
- Yahoo/Aabaco - Gift messages are automatically imported from "GiftMessage" order field or gift-message custom field.
- Magento - Gift messages are automatically imported from order_info -> gift_message order field.
- RetailOps SDK - Contact RetailOps Support for additional details.
- Manual Entry - Gift messages can be manually entered on any order in the Customer Service tool.
View and Edit gift messages
- In the Navigation menu, go to Customer Service > Search.
- Open your desired order.
- In the bottom left panel, you'll find a tab for Gift Message.
- To edit the message, simply click into the text field, and select Save when done.
If a gift message was imported from the channel, you'll find it here. Gift messages also print on Dropship Purchase orders, and Packing Slips generated in the Shipment Wave tool.