Product associations allow you to link products to be sold together or simply to support your marketing efforts. Assemblies, bundles, and collections are types of products that are made up of multiple other products in your inventory. To create these types of products, you must associate the individual pieces of the product with the SKU you’ve designated as the assembly, bundle, or collection.
On the other hand, if you'd like to promote related products, you can link the products together. When customers view one product, associated products will be suggested to them.
For more information on the different types of SKUs, read this help article, “Summary of SKU Types”.
- Open the SKU to which you'd like to link products in the PIM. We will call this the destination SKU.
- Select the destination SKU from the SKU Grid. Press the [Associations] button to open the Associations window for the SKU.
- Find and open the SKU that you'd like to associate to the destination SKU in the PIM in a separate tab. Drag-and-drop the SKU from the SKU Grid into the Associations window.
- Select the association Type.
- Component. The SKU is necessary to complete the destination SKU.
- Upsell. The SKU is a higher quality, more expensive version of the destination SKU; you want to encourage customers to purchase the higher quality version instead of the lower quality version.
- Related. The SKU is an item related to the destination SKU; you want to encourage customers to purchase these related items in addition to the destination SKU.
- Cross Sell. The SKU is not related to the destination SKU in any way. The SKU is an item you’d like to advertise at checkout, similar to items sold at cash registers, to encourage impulse purchases.
- Bonus. The SKU is a bonus promotional item to be included with the destination SKU.
- Recommendation. The SKU is recommended for purchase along with the destination SKU.
- For the Mult column, enter the quantity of the associated SKU needed to complete one unit of the destination SKU.
- Repeat steps 3-5 until all items have been added.