You can use formulas to create new, custom fields based off data from existing fields. To add a formula:
- In the Data Sources pane, press the [Add Formula] button.
- You may drag fields from the Fields pane. Or you can begin typing and select from the suggested results.
- Use any of the available formula functions (see below).
Available Formula Functions
- Addition (+), subtraction (-), multiplication (*), and division (/).
- MIN. Use lowest value from group.
- MAX. Use highest value from group.
- AVG. Take average of values in group.
- SUM. Take sum of values in group.
- COUNT. Count of all values in group.
- DISTINCT. Count of distinct values in group.
Reference Existing Formulas
After creating a formula, you may reference that formula in subsequent formulas. Begin typing the formula name and select it from the suggested results. References to existing formulas will display in green.