Types of Quantities
- Physical quantity describes the total amount of item units that you physically store inside your warehouse. This would not include any Dropship, JIT, or 3PL units.
- External quantity describes the amount of item units that have been set aside for you via inventory advice. This reflects Dropship, JIT, and 3PL items.
- Reserved quantity describes the amount of item units for which customers have placed orders. Reserved units are currently being processed for fulfillment. To view the reserved quantity, hover over the Quantity displayed for the SKU.
- Available quantity describes the amount of physical item units currently available for purchase. This is calculated by adding the physical and external quantities together, then subtracting the reserved quantity.
- Non-pickable units: There may be times when item units are stored in a non-pickable location. These units are not reflected on the screen. However, non-pickable units will also be subtracted to calculate the Available quantity.
How to Read the Displayed Quantity
Quantities for SKUs display in a couple different ways depending on the situation:
- If the SKU has Physical quantity but no External quantity, there will only be two values. Look to SKU 24 above.
- If the SKU has both Physical quantity and External quantity, there will be three values. Look to SKU 25 above.
- If the SKU has no Physical quantity but does have External quantity, there will still be three values. Look to SKU 295 above.
In the above example, you would interpret the quantities for each SKU as such:
- SKU 24: 73 Physical / 68 Available / 3 Reserved / 2 Non-pickable
- SKU 25: 7 Physical / 24 External / 31 Available
- SKU 295: 0 Physical / 80 External / 80 Available