Often when you submit a ticket request to your account manager—especially if you are reporting a bug or error—it’s helpful to attach screenshots illustrating the issue at hand. There are a number of easy methods for taking effective screenshots on Windows machines as well as Macs.
Take Screenshots on Windows
There are two ways to capture screenshots on your Windows machine.
- For computers with Windows Vista or newer, open the Snipping Tool program. Select the area of the screen you’d like to capture and then save the screenshot.
- For computers with Windows XP or older, press the [PrintScreen] button on your keyboard. Open the Microsoft Paint program and paste the screenshot. Save the file to your computer.
Take Screenshots on Mac
There are three ways to capture screenshots on your Mac. After capturing your screen, your screenshots will be automatically saved on your hard drive:
- To capture a snippet of the screen, press [Command] + [Shift] +  on your keyboard. Then use your mouse to highlight the area of the screen you’d like to capture.
- To capture a window, press [Command] + [Shift] +  on your keyboard, press [Space], then click on the desired window.
- To capture the entire screen, press [Command] + [Shift] +  on your keyboard.