Before accepting an order return, many retailers require customers to obtain an RMA (return merchandise authorization) from a customer service rep. Customer service reps can issue RMAs through the Customer Service tool.
Search for the Order
- Go Customer Service > Search.
- Find the desired order and click to open it.
Issue the RMA
- At the bottom of the Order record, press the [Create RMA] button.
- On the RMA window, enter the Reason for returning the item. Doing so will load pre-determined settings for Restock, Refund, and Ship. However, you can modify them to your needs.
- Restock: Determines whether the item should be restocked.
- Refund: Grants permission to refund a particular item on the order.
- Ship: Controls whether shipping costs are refunded as well. Refunded costs will be prorated.
- Under the second Ship column, you can manually enter a refund amount for shipping. This overrides the prorated amount.
- Under Fee, you can charge any additional fees associated with returns such as restocking fees.
- Select the facility to which returns should be shipped.
- Optionally, you may enter special notes and instructions for the returns processor.
- In the bottom-right corner of the RMA window, toggle the [Refund/Store Credit] button.
- [Refund]. The amount will be issued back to the customer’s method of payment.
- [Store Credit]. The amount will be refunded in the form of Store Credit.
- Press the [Submit RMA] button.