There may be times when you need to move lots, SKUs, or images from one product family into another. Sometimes, inventory may have just been received under the wrong product family. Or maybe two product families have been accidentally created for the same product (these are called duplicate families) and you want to move all lots and SKUs into one family.
The Advanced Product Editor tool allows you to maintain your inventory integrity by moving lots, SKUs, or images from one product family into another.
- Go to Product > Adv Product Edit.
- In the Product field, enter the Product Number of one of the desired product families.
- After the first product appears, enter the Product Number of the other product family.
- Find the lot, SKU, or image you would like to move.
- Lots are represented by yellow [Box] icons.
- SKUs are represented by blue [Price Tag] icons.
- Images are represented by [Camera] icons.
- Click-and-drag the desired lot/SKU/image from one product family into the other. For lots and images, be sure to nest them under a specific SKU.
- Press the [Save Changes] button.