Label printers, document printers, and scales are treated as individual terminals in RO. Each device needs to be granted authorization to gain access to RO. However, since you cannot enter user credentials and an auth code through the devices themselves, you must use the RetailOps Connect (ROC) program.
Generate a New Auth Code
- In RO, go to Administration > Manage Terminals.
- Press the [Register Terminal] button.
- Enter a descriptive Name.
- Set the Type to Proxy.
- Set the Facility where the device will be used.
Install and Configure RetailOps Connect
Test Your Device
- In RO, go to Administration > My Terminal Prefs.
- Select the type of device.
- In the Select a device pane, select the desired device.
- Press the [Test Device] button.
If ROC does not connect to the device server, you may need to restart the ROC Service in Windows.
- Open the Start menu. Go to Run.
- In the Run window, type in “services.msc” and press the [OK] button.
- In the Services window, find the RetailOps Connect service. Right-click and select Restart.