The Product Locator found within the Receiving tool has been updated to be faster, easier, and more flexible when searching among your pre-existing product catalog. Improvements have been made to give your team more power in their workflow, all while keeping the application feeling completely familiar. To help you dive into the the new enhancements right away, please see below for a rundown of what's new.
Product Locator Searching
After entering your product information in Step 1 of the Receiving process, this information is pre-filled into the appropriate Product Locator fields. This includes UPC, Brand, and MPN.
- UPC can now be toggled on and off as a search parameter if entered in Step 1.
- SKU details are now shown to assist with quickly finding an appropriate and pre-existing product to receive your new product into.
- Brand can now be changed from what was entered in Step 1, allowing to search across any Brand in the system.
- MPN can also be changed from what was entered in Step 1.
- The new Advanced Search field allows your team to use the same robust query language as found in the Product Search tool, using keywords such as color, availability, or even wildcard and fuzzy searches (e.g. Sne%ker, SR2608~ respectively)
In the image below, note that the MPN differs from the original entry in Step 1, allowing you to locate an existing product family in the event that it was inaccurate or the MPN has changed.
Users can now hover-over the product media to get a larger view of the product.
Create a New Product
When creating a new product within the receiving tool, the only information needed now is Brand. The MPN entered in Step 1 will be carried over and used for your newly created product. This method is intended for completely new products in the system that have not previously been received and differ from the PO line item data. (NOTE: Please ensure that the product you are receiving is not already in the system to prevent duplicate product records.)