After a PO has been created (for more info on how to create POs, read the article, "Create New Purchase Orders"), you can add items to it and submit the PO to the vendor contact.
Find and Open POs
- In the Navigation menu, go to Purchasing > PO Search.
- Search for the PO using one or any combination of the following search criteria:
- PO number
- Style No. of an item already added to the PO
- Brand of an item already added to the PO
- Buyer name
- Creator, the user who originally created the PO
Date, From, and To can be used in combination to find the approximate date the PO may have been created:
- For Date, select whether you’d like to search by date the PO was Created, its Start Date, or its Cancel Date.
- For From and To, set the estimated time frame you believe that date falls in.
- PO Type
- PO Status
- Find the PO from the search results and click on it to open it.
Add Items to POs
- In the item box, under Brand, click on an empty line. Select a brand from the menu.
- Enter the MPN/Style No. of the item.
- You may enter a Line Description that will be displayed to the vendor contacts. This is useful for vendor contacts who may identify items more quickly by, say, item name rather than MPN/Style No.
- You may enter a short Product Description for internal use. This field functions similarly to the Line Description but it will not be displayed to the vendor contacts.
- Enter the Total Qty of that item that you want to order.
- Enter the Unit cost, or the cost per item.
- If available, you may enter a Discount (in percent or dollars per item) that applies only to the specific line item rather than to the entire PO. The line Total will be calculated using the Total Qty, the Unit cost, and the Discount.
- Repeat steps 1-7 for each item.
Specify Different Quantities for Item Variants
Often, the same item may be available in slight variants. Clothing and footwear may be available in different sizes. Food items may be available in different flavors. Furniture may be available in different patterns.
Instead of entering a Total Qty for the line item, you will likely want to specify different quantities for each variant. You can do so by adding Columns.
- In the Columns field at the top of the item box, manually type in names or identifiers for each variant separated by commas (e.g. “mild, med, hot”; “oak, redwood, marble”; “blk, brn, camo”). Press Enter.
- After the variant columns appear, enter the quantity for each variant. The Total Qty will be auto-calculated based on the variant quantities.
Add Variant Columns Using the Autoconfigure Feature
The Autoconfigure feature allows you to create variant columns automatically based on existing product data. For example, if RO has already created different SKUs for sizes 1-9 for an item, the Autoconfigure feature can create columns for each of those variants, saving you the time of typing those values in manually in the Columns field.
To use this feature, Autoconfigure must be enabled for the desired attribute AND the existing product data must already have SKUs for each variant.
To enable Autoconfigure for an attribute:
- Go to Administration > Attributes.
- Select the desired attribute.
- In the Associations pane, for PO Item Group, check the Allowed box.
To use this feature, open up the PO. In the Autoconfigure field (to the right of the Columns field), select the desired attribute.
Sort Items into Different Groups
For large orders, you may want to sort items into different groups for easy management. For example, you may want to separate Women’s, Men’s, and Youth clothing.
- In the top-right corner of the item box, click on the green [+] button. This will create a new item box above the current box.
- In the top-left corner of each item box, you can enter a Name to identify each group of items.
- To move the item boxes up or down in sorting order, you can press the green [Up] and [Down] arrows in the top-right corner.
- To delete an item group, press the red [-] button in the top-right corner.
Submit Purchase Orders
After you have finished adding all the desired items into the PO, you must submit the PO to the vendor contact. You can do so in two ways:
- Press the [Submit PO] button. For this feature to work properly:
- There must be contacts stored in the vendor’s profile.
- At least one of the contacts must have an email address stored. The Email Purchase Orders checkbox must also be checked for the contact. All vendor contacts that fit these criteria will receive a copy of the PO.
- Either the PO will be sent to the vendor contact(s) within 10 minutes OR, if a future Submit date/time was scheduled for the PO, it will be sent then.
- Alternatively, you may press the [Manually Submitted] button. This will change the PO’s Status in ROP, allowing it to proceed to the next workflow process. However, you will need to save the PO to your computer (press the [Save PDF] button) and email it to your vendor contact(s) manually.