The routing guide is a set of instructions and other information regarding shipment of POs, deliveries, penalties, and liabilities. This guide is sent to the vendor, attached to the end of every PO upon submission. At this time, RO supports the use of only one routing guide.
The Routing guide editor is a freeform text editor that allows you to modify the content and design of the routing guide as needed. You can access this tool by going to Navigation > Routing Guide. There are two editing modes: visual and HTML.
Visual Edit Mode
- Select between five common fonts: Arial, Courier New, Tahoma, Times New Roman, and Verdana.
- Make text bold, italicized, or underlined.
- Increase or decrease the size of text.
- Change the color of text or highlight the text.
- Toggle the alignment of text.
- Create numbered and bulleted lists.
Source (HTML) Edit Mode
If you have experience with HTML, you can use the HTML editor to allow for greater flexibility in the formatting and design of the routing guide. You can switch to this mode by pressing the [Source Edit] button. You can switch back to the visual editor by pressing the same button again.
Set Vendor-Specific Routing Instructions
You can set additional vendor-specific routing instructions for different vendors. These instructions will appear at the bottom of the PO before the routing guide is appended. To do this:
- In the Navigation menu, go to Administration > Vendors.
- In the Vendors pane, find and select the vendor.
- Expand the Vendor Settings pane underneath the Contacts pane.
- In the PO Routing Instructions field, enter specific instructions for the vendor.